Tuesday, August 17, 2010

DAY 12

Today was the second sea day in a row and I was looking forward to another quiet day but unfortunately it didn’t happen.


One of the lifts was acting up, but after some time I was able to get it going again. I had to replace a part on the lift cab.

There was Artemis Uncovered from 1030 to 1130, which is an event held in the Atrium where all of the departments set up a table with a demonstration or information about what they do on board. The 3ETO is usually one of the people to host the electrical departments table but since I was on duty today I was exempt. The 2ETOH and the 1ETO did it this time. Our table has on display an electrical motor, fire detectors, a large board with pictures of electrical equipment from around the ship, and a few meters. It is not the most exciting table but we usually get a good number of people asking how we generate the electricity on board.

Today was also the Portunus Gold-Tier Members Luncheon, and unfortunately I couldn’t attend because I was on duty. This is a special lunch in the Coral dining room (main restaurant on board) where only Gold-tier members are invited and ideally each table has an officer host. I usually volunteer because it is a good chance to meet some interesting people and have some good food and wine.

In the evening I just had dinner in the officer’s mess because I couldn’t be bothered to go all the way up to the conservatory. It was Neptune’s Buffet, which means seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment