Saturday, August 7, 2010

DAY 6

Today was Alesund. I had been here on my last contract. The main attraction is a look out at the top of a tall hill that takes about 20 minutes to hike up (if you walk quickly). From there you get some fantastic views of the ship and the surrounding area. I went ashore again this time at lunchtime only to take advantage of some free Wifi in the area to get some emails off to people back home.


Tonight was Skool Disco Night. The theme was of course to wear clothes reminiscent of our youth when we went to school. Everyone british wore something black and white, with varied designs. A couple of male officers decided to come as school girls, which was rather comical and disturbing. Every dress up night there is always one or more people that decide to dress up as the opposite gender. I think all the time at sea effects some people differently.

I initially came with black pants and a plain white shirt, but after a few people showed up wearing some funny costumes I went down and changed into some shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt representative of the school jock. I even grabbed a football (soccer ball) to bring up to complete the outfit. Overall it was a good night but I guess any night is good when the drink flows freely. Did I mention that it was a pour-out as well?

I got to bed late but not as late as some.

No comments:

Post a Comment