Saturday, August 7, 2010

DAY 5

Today we were in Bergen, which is a very popular port in Norway. There are always loads of tours in this port and I regret to say that I did not get to go on any of them. Today was just another day on the job. I am still catching up on lift maintenance that was neglected during the 3 weeks between the last third getting sacked and my coming on.


The last few days I have been going to the gym. I alternate between the passenger and crew gyms because they both have their strengths. The passenger gym has cross trainers, a rowing machine, and much more room to move around. The crew gym has more free weights and a bench press set-up. When I feel like a cardio workout I head up to the passenger gym, otherwise I just go to the crew gym. However, the crew gym gets quite busy depending on the time of day. If I go right after work at around 1815 then it can get quite busy. The passenger gym on the other hand is never very busy.

Tonight was Indian Curry night in the Wardroom. Since a lot of officers like Indian food, they decided a long time ago to have an Indian food buffet once per cruise in the wardroom where all the wardroom members could eat in casual clothes. It is usually pretty good and it is nice to be comfortable and relaxed in the wardroom with the other officers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment