Tuesday, August 17, 2010

DAY 15

Today was the last night of this cruise and a sea day. Basically it felt like quite before the storm of the next turnaround day when a new cruise would start and new passengers would come aboard. I had a quiet day (calm before storm) walking around checking the lifts and fire detection system. After work I went to the gym and swam some lengths in the pool. I was getting ready to have a nice dinner in the conservatory where it was Country Western night when I got a page to attend one of the crew lifts that was quite important to the baggage operation that was going on being that it was the last night of the cruise. I spent nearly two hours and missed my dinner trying to figure out the cause of the breakdown but it was all for naught as I would find out the next day because, as is often the case, the problem was quite simple requiring less than an hour to fix. The baggage operations that night were still successful because all the other lifts were working well.


After I had given up on the lift I went to the last show of the cruise called “World Steps”, which happens to be my favourite. The music and comedy is what does it for me. I’ll have to take a video of some of it sometime to bring home to show everyone.

After the show, my nerves were still quite charged from the lift fiasco so I went up stairs to Horizons for a drink. I met some people up there I had seen a few times throughout the cruise and a couple I met for the first time and we all had a farewell drink together. Some of the nicest people I’ve met not wanting to put a drink on my tab because they wouldn’t be able to reciprocate since it was the last night of the cruise. Bless them.

One fellow I just met tonight told me that he is a professional cruiser and only stays in the penthouse suite on every ship he goes on. If what he said and how he said it didn’t convince me that he had a lot of money, it was the copious amounts of bling that he wore that did. He literally had on every finger a massive ring with multiple precious stones. If he wasn’t one of the nicest and down to earth passengers I had ever met on a cruise I’d probably loathe him, but he was. You just never know who you will meet on the little ship with a big heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment