Saturday, August 7, 2010

DAY 3

I am typing on my laptop sitting at a desk in my cabin (1101) aboard the MV Artemis. It is Tuesday August 3rd, 2010. The day’s events are as follows…


Today was another slow on the job. Nothing very exciting to report, but that’s the way I like it when it comes to work.

I popped ashore in Stavanger at lunch time to pick up some things at the local Apothek, which I guess is Norwegian for drug store. Where the Artemis had docked was pretty much right in the center of the town and they called Stavanger the 5-minute city because it takes about that long to walk to all the tourist attractions. It was only a 2 minute walk from the gangway to the shop and I passed a church and a couple of nice restaurants along the way.

Tonight was Thai Buffet up in the Conservatory for dinner so I and a couple of other officers decided to give it a try. It turned out to be pretty good. All I remember is liking the spring rolls…

After dinner we went to the wardroom to hang out before we went to the show in the International Lounge. The show tonight was called “I write the Songs”, which featured songs by Elton John. The dancers and singers were all on form and the show was great. Every show lasts about an hour so even if you don’t enjoy it, it is over before you get a chance to get bored.

After the show we went to one of the officer’s cabins for some drinks and stayed there for a while until we all stumbled back to our cabins and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment