Saturday, September 4, 2010

DAY 21

Today we were at sea, which was not the original plan. Due to rough weather the call in Stornoway was cancelled. Instead, the captain informed everyone that we would sail directly for Douglas tomorrow and then the next day we would go to Dublin, where we would spend a day and a half. I think these changes will improve the cruise to be quite honest because I wasn’t seeing many people excited about going to Stornoway anyway.


Today there was the Artemis Uncovered event in the Atrium where all the departments have a display showing the passengers what they do. Myself and a colleague were the lucky ones from the Electrical Department to stand by our table and answer any questions the passengers had. Luckily it was only an hour…

At noon today there was the traditional Gold-Tier Luncheon in the Coral Dining Room. It was superb as usual and I had a good chat with the three couples that were on my table 88.

I went back to work at 1600 and continued until we all finished at 1800. I went to the gym for a run and after a shitshowerandshave went up to the Senior Officer’s cocktail party. After the party I went for dinner up to the conservatory for the Thai Buffet, which was great. I was joined by the staff captain and a financial officer.

It was the 60’s and 70’s dress up night for the passengers, so there were a few hippies seen on decks. There is usually a shindig up on the open decks but it was inclement weather and it was held in the Starlights Lounge instead. The dancers have a show titled “Swinging 60’s” after which they come out to the party and dance with the passengers. I met up with a couple of people at Starlights for a drink before heading off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment