Saturday, September 4, 2010

DAY 26

Last day of the cruise and it was a sea day. It was actually supposed to be St. Peter port, Guernsey, but a storm was heading there so the captain made the executive decision to cancel that in the name of safety.


I helped the engine 2ETO for some of the day. I have been doing that more often since I seem to have a good handle on most of the 3ETO duties. Seeing the types of things that go wrong in the engine room is good for when I eventually step up to the position. Depending on the system it can take a lot of coordination with the 1EO to repair equipment down there; another side of the job that to be prepared for.

After work the whole electrical department went up to the wardroom for a drink to say goodbye to the SETO who is going on leave tomorrow. He bought the first two rounds, which was awesome. Every time I go for a drink straight after work I usually end up buying a couple of bags of cheese and onion chips to munch on. The british say crisps instead of chips among other things, which is always an infuriating topic of conversation.

I just went down to the Officers Mess for dinner and ordered a steak. It was alright. Then it was off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment