Saturday, September 4, 2010

DAY 22

Today we were in Douglas, Isle of Mann. Just looking out from the top deck I could tell that this was a nice place what with the beaches, rolling green hills and quaint buildings that seemed all so close by.


My superiors have been in a good mood lately so I took the opportunity to get ashore for a couple of hours after lunch. Since it was a boat port it took a bit more time getting off and on the ship. I got on a tender at around 1330 and was back on the ship just after 1530.

I walked along one of the main streets of Douglas with a woman I met on the tender who was on the Artemis training the bar staff how to mix drinks properly and serve the customers. She was on a mission in Douglas to find a B&B where her father could stay next year during the TT races, which, I am told are quite popular.

When I got back to the ship it was business as usual until we knocked off at 1800.

Later at around 1030 a wardroom “Pirate Party” kicked off. Some people showed up in some really authentic looking costumes as classic pirates with the eye patch, parrot and hook. Others came as Somalian pirates. I just had to be different, so I turned up in regular clothes and brought with me some ‘fake’ pirated movies and music CDs. It was pretty random to have a pirate party on a cruise around Britain but it was a good excuse to have a pour out which meant free booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment